At Austin Life Church, we believe…
1. That the Bible is the full, true, authoritative Word of God, by which we know Him and His ways (2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:20-21, Mark 13:31, John 20:31).
2. In the One True God, who has eternally existed in three persons: Father, Son, Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1-2, Matthew 28:18-20, Hebrews 1:3, 1 John 5:7).
3. That God has created all things for His glory (Genesis 1:1-2, Psalm 24:1).
4. That all people are created in His image, to worship, trust, and display Him (Genesis 1:27-30, 1 Corinthians 10:31).
5. That all of humanity, excluding Christ, has sinned and walked away from God, and the deserved consequence of sin is eternal separation from God in hell (Genesis 3:6-8, Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23).
6. That Jesus Christ is God in the flesh, born of the Spirit of God and the virgin Mary, and at all times while on earth was fully God and fully man (John 1:14, Colossians 1:15-20, Hebrews 1:3).
7. That Jesus Christ lived an absolutely perfect, sinless life (2 Corinthians 5:21, 1 Peter 2:22).
8. That Jesus Christ died a substitutionary death in order to pay the debt for our sin (2 Corinthians 5:21, Ephesians 2:1-10).
9. That Jesus Christ rose from the dead so that by faith we too could live forever with Him (Romans 4:24-25, 1 Corinthians 15:1-8).
10. That Jesus Christ ascended into heaven, is alive today, and will return to judge and bring a new heaven and new earth. (Acts 1:7-8, Revelation 21:1-5).
11. That humanity can be restored to relationship with God by relinquishing control of our own lives and trusting in the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ alone Mark 1:15-15, Romans 10:9-10).
12. That upon believing, we are made new and the Spirit of God lives inside each Believer to grow in faith, obedience, and Christ-likeness (John 15:26-27, Acts 1:8).
13. That God has entrusted His church to be the body of Christ and to carry on the mission of Jesus (Matthew 28:18-20, 1 Corinthians 12:12-31).
14. That every believer is empowered with the Spirit to live for Christ and take the name of Jesus to all peoples and all places (Acts 1:8).
What We Value
As a church, there are 5 values that give shape to how we lead people to life in Jesus. With each value, there are a few plumb lines that further elaborate the value.
Life through the Gospel
The Gospel is central to all of life.
He > me - we aim to be a people of humility.
We abide in Christ and walk in the Spirit.
Life of Worship
Life in Community
We grow in the context of community.
It’s ok to not be ok; it’s just not ok to stay there.
There’s always an open seat at the table of community & love.
Life of Service
We want to serve regardless of response.
We want to be a community that is respected by all people.
We want to tangibly demonstrate the Gospel to all.
Life on Mission
If you’re saved, you’re sent.
All people in all places happens through multiplication.
Risky faith is the only way we will advance.