Why Community Groups?
We are created to be in community. From the very beginning, we see that we are created to be in community. In Genesis 2:18, God says it is not good for man to be alone. Why? Because we are created to reflect God, and God is communal (Father-Son-Spirit). It is impossible to reflect a communal God if we are alone, and thus impossible to live according to our design.
We grow best in community. On our own we will fall. We have blind spots. We need others to help build us up. We are designed to be a part of the whole, and only when we all work together will we grow to maturity in Jesus. (1 Corinthians 12, Ephesians 4, Hebrews 10).
We worship God in community. God did not desire a person. He did not come to save one. But rather, to create a people who would worship Him. To create a family of worshippers. It’s many voices, many lives, together that worship God. (1 Peter 2, Galatians 4, 1 Corinthians 14)
We show Jesus in community. The Gospel is not only meant to be heard, but it is meant to be seen through the church, the community of Believers. It is only in community that we can forgive, show compassion, show humility, serve. In community we can reflect the Gospel to a watching world. (John 13, John 17)
We believe community is not just an optional strategy, but is essential to love and obedience to God.
What Is A Community Group?
A place where anyone can belong, share life, and grow in faith together.
- Up: Growing in our faith and love of God.
- In: Growing in our love and care for one another.
- Out: Growing in our love and relationships with those outside the church.
A community group is…
- Where we welcome others in as there is always an open seat at the table.
- Where we grow in faith and obedience.
- Where we know others, and they know us.
- Where we serve and care for one another.
- Where we are strengthened, encouraged, and sent out to live in Jesus.